Saturday, February 26, 2011

Is sex relationship duct tape?

So I just read this article a couple of days ago, "Sex can fix it!" In March's Redbook mag (I was going to link it, but it isn't up on their site yet..check later or go grab a copy.) The point was that sex can help fix a number of issues, from feeling fat to fighting. Now I am a firm believer in the importance of sex for the relationship and know that it makes me feel sexier, but it is hard sometimes to get out of you're funk to want to, well, you get it.

So hubby and I had definitely been in a funk for a few days, snapping at each other and giving the stink eye. I also was feeling pretty pissy about my exercise and dieting hard work not showing the results I had hoped for fast enough. But I read the article while taking a bath and trying to relax, so decided that despite not really feeling like making up yet, I would put the moves on hubby. (Don't ask what those moves are because they are very lame.)

Needless to say, he was surprised and pleased. And guess what, we were snuggly and laughing the next day! And to top it off, it did one of the other things the article mentioned...revived my sagging libido. And bonus...he bought me this exercise gadget I had been really wanting but couldn't bring myself to buy because it is a little pricey. Who knew?! That really works! 11 years of not using the power on him, wasted. Haha! Just kidding, he is a great guy who does nice things like that for me all the time, but that just confirms that he deserves getting it more. Chicken or the egg, right?

Just try it out sometime. Sex is the only thing you share with you're partner and no one else (well, usually I suppose, but that gets complicated.) It creates a bond that connects you and buffers the outside world, including the kids.

* Disclaimer: Maybe I should have said 'good sex' throughout this. If you're not having good sex, contact me so we can fix that!

1 comment: